NXP Semiconductors introduced the LPC1769 and LPC1759 microcontrollers that operate at 120 MHz. With 256-point 16-bit FFT execution time of less than 190 µs, this is 54% faster than the nearest Cortex-M3 alternative and challenges low-cost DSPs in performance. For 1024-point 16-bit FFT the execution time is less than 0.89 ms. These times include the FFT initialization and overhead of the algorithm. The LPC1769 and LPC1759 microcontrollers are available now with recommended distribution pricing in 10,000 quantities starting at just over $4 (US).
The LPC1769 and LPC1759 MCUs feature 512 KB Flash, 64 KB SRAM, USB 2.0 Host/On-The-Go/Device, CAN 2.0B interfaces, 12-bit ADC, 10-bit DAC, I2C, SPI, and UARTs. The LPC1769 also includes a 10/100 Ethernet controller with a dedicated Ethernet Direct Memory Access (DMA) controller.
- License and royalty-free source code libraries
- Highly optimized 16- and 32- data width FFT, PID control with documentation
- FIR and IIR Filters: IIR (ARMA), biquad, 16- and 32-bit single stage for both
- Random number generator and resonator function
- Dot product and cross product of vectors
- License- and royalty-free VDE IEC 60335 Class B test libraries
The LPC1700 series is supported by a number of development tools, real-time operating system (RTOS), middleware, and technical support services from industry leading tool vendors including IAR, Keil, Hitex, Code Red, and many others.
More information: NXP Semiconductors