Kontron announced the AM4020 single-width AdvancedMC processor module. The AM4020 features the new Intel Mobile Core i7 processor, Intel QM 57 Platform Controller Hub, and up to 2 x 2.53 GHz. The highly-integrated Kontron AM4020 AdvancedMC processor board is available now in both mid- and full-size formats. It supports Windows XP, Windows 7,VxWorks 6.8, RedHat 5.3, SUSE 11.2, and Wind River Linux PNE 3.X.
Kontron AM4020 Features
- Intel Core i7 processors with 2.0 (Core i7-620LE – 25 W TDP) or 2.53 GHz (Core i7-610E – 35 W TDP) and 4 MB L3 cache
- Integrated memory controller enables direct access to up to 8 GB of dual channel DDR ECC RAM at 1066 MHz
- Eight PCI Express lanes to the backplane, configurable as 2 x PCIe x 4 or 8 x PCIe x 1
- Four GbE ports; two on the front and two on the backplane (AMC.2)
- Four SATA
- Up to 32 GB of flash memory can be implemented via a SATA Flash module, which is securely screwed to the PCB
- DisplayPort output on the front panel making additional graphics modules unnecessary
- COM port for external management access is available
- USB 2.0 port with mini USB jack on the front panel
- Full hot-swap capabilities for monitoring, controlling and replacing the module
- Intelligent Platform Management Interface (IPMI)
- Dedicated Module Management Controller (MMC)
The Kontron AM4020 AdvancedMC processor board integrates for the memory controller, PCI Express, and the graphics processor within the multi-core processor. With MicroTCA.1 support for a robust system design and an optional temperature range of -40 to +70 °C, it withstands the toughest mechanical and thermal environmental conditions.
The Kontron AM4020 is ideal for MicroTCA and AdvancedTCA telecommunications applications such as IPTV, media servers and media gateways, conference systems, and in test systems for wireline networks. The Kontron AM4020 is also a good fit for the medical, automation, aerospace, military, and security markets which require fast data processing.
More information: Kontron