Lanner Electronics announced the FW-8760 network security appliance. The FW-8760 supports the 32nm Intel Core i3, i5 or i7 processors. The network appliance features the Intel 3450 Chipset, 8 Ethernet ports, 16 GB of RAM, mini PCI and PCIe slots. It is ideal for network security applications, IPS, UTM, Firewall, and WAN Acceleration.
FW-8760 Network Appliance Features
- Supports 32nm Intel Core i3, i5, and i7 processors
- Intel 3450 chipset delivers better IO performance
- 8 integrated Ethernet ports with all 4 pairs supporting abnormal state packet by-pass
- Optional 8 Ethernet ports via expansion module
- USB 2.0, CF Socket, 2.5″ or 3.5″ HDD, PCIe, mini PCI and console
- Customized finish to make this product an extension of your brand
The FW-8760 is built around the Intel 3450 chipset and can support the new Intel Core i3, i5 or i7 processors or LGA 1156 processors. It is also the first Lanner networking appliance that uses the Platform Controller Hub instead of a North and South bridge. Utilizing this new ‘Nehalem’ core technology, means this platform comes with an integrated memory controller meaning the 4 x DDR3 RAM slots are directly connected to the processor.
The FW-8760 supports one 3.5 inch or 2 x 2.5 inch hard drives, connected via Serial ATA. There is also a single Compact Flash (Type II) interface. The unit cools itself with a single passive CPU heatsink, 2 regular cooling fans and 1 smart fan. The smart fan has the ability to turn itself on when the machine reaches a certain temperature. The FW-8760 can support Windows, Linux, OpenBSD and Free BSD operating systems. The network security appliance has a front LCD module with the capacity for 2 rows of 20 characters, a watchdog and an internal real time clock.
More information: Lanner Electronics FW-8760 Network Security Appliance (pdf)