Triad Semiconductor announced the Mocha-1 array. According to Triad, the Mocha-1 is the first system-on-chip (SoC) to integrate the ARM Cortex-M0 with the via-configurable analog and digital functions. Triad’s Mocha-1 array enables electronic system designers to customize analog and digital features with lower power consumption and greater system cost savings than last-generation ASIC solutions.
What is the Mocha-1 array?
The Mocha-1 is an ARM Cortex-M0 based, via-configurable array. The Mocha-1 combines the low power, low-cost Cortex-M0 32-bit processor with 75,000 configurable ASIC gates, non-volatile memory, and configurable analog resources to enable the rapid, low-cost development of complete mixed signal System-on-a-Chip (SoC) solutions.
How much does the Mocha-1 array cost?
Price is a function of package and production volume, ranging from US $7.00 to $15.00 per ASIC, with customer-optimized solutions available for under $2.00 in high volume applications. Triad is now accepting customer designs for the Mocha-1 array, with silicon being delivered in Q1.
ARM Cortex-M0 32-bit Processor
- 25MHz operation
- 32 Kbytes of on-chip EEPROM program memory
- 24 Kbytes of SRAM
- Nested Vectored Interrupt Controller (NVIC)
- Watchdog Timer
- System and Clock Control
- Multiple Power Saving Modes
- Wake-Up Interrupt Controller (WIC)
- Serial Wire Debug
- PLL with Flexible System Clocking Options
- High-Speed GPIO
- APB & AHB Buses exposed to via-configurable digital section
- 75,000 ASIC Gates
- 99 Logic Tiles
- 750 Equivalent 2-input NAND gate equivalents per logic tile
- 128 x 16 2-Port SRAM per logic tile ( 2,048 bits)
- 202,752 bytes of distributed 2-Port SRAM
- 173 configurable digital I/O
- Isolated 3.3V digital power and ground
- 32+ Op-Amps and Configurable Arrays of Resistors, Capacitors, Transistors & Switches
- 8 Fully-Differential Analog Tiles
- 4 Single-Ended, General Purpose Analog Tiles
- 4 Single-Ended, Low-Noise Analog Tiles
- 4 High-Speed Current-Steering DACs
- Band-Gap and Voltage Reference
- 53 configurable analog I/O
- Isolated 3.3V analog power and ground
More information: Triad Semiconductor