Atmel introduced the SAM9M10e ARM926EJ-based embedded microprocessor (MPU). The SAM9M10e integrates a video decoder and 2D acceleration (scaling, rotating, color space conversion, picture in picture) to provide high-quality video performance in industrial embedded applications. The SAM9M10 is ideal for media rich display and control panels in application segments such as home and commercial buildings, POS (Point of Sale) terminals, entertainment systems, Internet appliances, and medical.
What is the Atmel SAM9M10?
The AT91SAM9M10 is a multimedia-enabled high-performance ARM926-based embedded MPU running at 400MHz, combining user interfaces, video playback and connectivity. The MPU includes a hardware video decoder, a 2D accelerator, LCD Controller, resistive touchscreen, camera interface, audio, Ethernet 10/100, high-speed USB, and SDIO. The SAM9M10 decodes video streams up to D1 (720 x 576 pixels) or WVGA (800 x 480) at 30 frames per second (fps). An evaluation kit is available with free Linux distribution and Microsoft Windows Embedded CE board support packages (BSP).
How much does the SAM9M10 MPU cost?
The SAM9M10 is sampling now and priced at $11.40 (USD) in quantities of 10k units (order code AT91SAM9M10-CU). The SAM9M10 evaluation kit is available now (order code AT91SAM9M10-EKES) at $750 (USD) for single unit quantities.
SAM9M10 Embedded Microprocessor Highlights
- Video decoding and 2D acceleration for intelligent User Interfaces (iUI)
- Integrated power management with 1.8 or 3.3V supply voltage
- DDR2 support cuts bill-of-material (BOM) cost and eases sourcing
- Distributed memory, DMA and Dual EBI for optimal data bandwidth
- Preserves the power budget while pushing performance and integration
- EHCI-compliant high speed USB host
More information: Atmel