STMicroelectronics introduced the LSM320HAY30 MEMS multi-axis motion sensor module. The ST LSM320HAY30 integrates a 3-axis digital accelerometer with a 2-axis analog gyroscope in a single module. The package-level integration of linear and angular motion sensors improves performance, boosts reliability, reduces size, and shrinks cost. The LSM320HAY30 multi-axis motion sensor module are sampling now, with mass production scheduled for Q1 2010. Unit pricing is $3.3 for quantities over 50,000 pieces.
STMicroelectronics LSM320HAY30 Features
- 3 acceleration channels and 2 angular-rate channels
- Linear-acceleration selectable full scale: ±2 to ±8g
- Absolute analog angular-rate full scale: ±300/±1200 dps
- Analog supply voltage: 2.7 to 3.6 V
- Digital supply voltage, IOs: 1.8 V
- I²C/SPI digital linear acceleration interface
- 16-bit digital data output
- Two separated outputs for pitch and yaw axis (1x and 4x amplification)
- Embedded power-down
- Embedded sleep-mode (for faster turn-on time)
- Embedded self-test
STMicroelectronics’ LSM320HAY30 low-power motion-sensing module combines a user-selectable full-scale acceleration range of plus or minus 2g/plus or minus 4g/plus or minus 8g with the industry’s widest angular-rate detection from 30 to 6000 dps along the pitch and yaw axes. The gyroscope element provides two separate outputs for each axis at the same time: an unamplified output value for high accuracy of slow motion and a 4x amplification to detect and measure very fast gestures and movements.
The LSM320HAY30 MEMS module includes power-down and sleep modes and it can operate with any supply voltage in the range of 2.7 to 3.6V. The device comes with built-in self-test capability that allows the customer to verify the functioning of both sensors after the assembly, without the need to move the board during testing.
More info: STMicroelectronics LSM320HAY30 MEMS Motion Sensor Module (pdf)