Aptina and eASIC teamed on a H.264 High Definition (HD) reference design that is capable of supporting up to 720p/30fps rates. The eDVR92-based H.264 HD reference design is aimed at enabling and simplifying the development for a new class of low-cost HD applications and making low-cost HD solutions available for the masses. It is ideal for low-cost HD camcorders, baby monitors, public transportation, wireless surveillance, medical, and industrial/automotive vision systems. The eDVR92-based H.264 HD reference design is available now from eASIC. Pricing for the eDVR9200 CODEC IC starts at $4.95 in high volume.
eDVR92 720p/30 High Definition Development Kit
- One eASIC eDVR92 development board
- One Aptina MT9D131 HD CMOS image sensor panel with built-in ISP
- Documentation CD including user guide, schematic diagrams, Gerber files, API
- Encoding of high definition 720p at 30fps video
- Decoding of high definition 720p at 30fps video
- Audio support for ADPCM
- USB 2.0 device for storing encoded video and audio on a PC
- SD Card for storing compressed audio and video
- 4″ display for playback and viewfinder
- DVI output
- Display module (4″ XYZ included)
- High definition output (DVI included)
- SPI port for adding a host processor
The HD H.264 reference design is built using Aptina’s MT9D131 HD image sensor with eASIC’s eDV9200 low cost HD H.264 CODEC. The reference design enables video capture, H.264 compression and decompression, streaming of compressed AV streams through SPI or USB2.0, storage of compressed video and audio on a Secure Digital (SD) storage card, and decompression and playback on to LCD display or through a DVI interface.