Taiwan Commate Computer Inc. (COMMELL) introduced the MPX-643 IEEE 1394b PCI Express mini card. The MPX-643 is based on LSI’s FW643 device, which is a single-chip solution integrating PCI Express bus and 1394b functions. MPX-643 offers one 400Mbits/1394a and two 800Mbits/1394b ports for high-speed connectivity that provides plug and play for FireWire devices and peripherals for Windows operating systems. The OS will detect the card presence and load appropriate drivers automatically. Driver for Linux is also available.
COMMELL MPX-643 IEEE 1394b PCI Express Mini Card Features
- PCI Express Mini Card compliant, Complies with RoHS
- Onboard PCI Express LSI FW643 FireWire controller
- OHCI Compliant/Compatible with any FireWire device or peripheral
- Serial data rates: 400Mbps and 800Mbps
- Two fully backward compatible Bilingual 1394b ports and one 1394a port
MPX-643 PCI Express mini card supports multiple IEEE 1394 (IEEE 1394b, IEEE 1394-1395 and 1394a specifications), with its high speeds, low bit error and guaranteed latency requirements that will benefit computer peripherals in many of the applications such as imaging devices, entertainment equipments and casual storage.
PCI Express Mini Card (also known as Mini PCI Express, Mini PCIe, and Mini PCI-E) is a replacement for the Mini PCI form factor based on PCI Express. PCI Express Mini Cards are 30 x 56 mm and smaller than PC Cards, PCI Express add-in cards, Mini PCI add-in cards, and other add-in card form factors. This reduced size permits a higher level of integration into embedded PC. It provides a number of benefits, including: flexibility for build-to-order, upgradeability for the newest technology, seviceability, reliability, and reduced size.
PCI Express Mini Card
- MPX-574D(D2): 1 x Giga LAN(2 x Giga LAN)
- MPX-SDVOD: DVI interface
- MPX-SDVOX: 24 bit dual channel LVDS
- MPX-7767: 802.11 b/g/n wireless LAN
- MPX-2503: 802.11 b/g wireless LAN
- MPX-954: 4 x RS232
- MPX-827: SD/SDHC interface
- MPX-885: Video Capture
More info: COMMELL