Lanner Electronics introduced the FW-7530 fanless economic network appliance. The FW-7530 is based on the Intel 945GSE chipset and Intel Atom processor with 6 GbE ports. The FW-7530 can be used for entry-level network security applications, including intrusion detection/ prevention systems, UTM, gateway antivirus and firewalls. It can also be used as a router/switcher and other non security based applications, such as load balancing multiple internet connections, network monitoring or QoS. The FW-7530 is available for sample orders immediately.
Lanner Electronics FW-7530 Network Appliance Highlights
- The ultra-low voltage Intel ATOM N270 1.6GHz processor allows for completely fanless chassis design, which results in reduced power and cooling requirements
- The embedded Intel atom processor and 945GSE chipset provides a stable, ultra-low power platform at an outstanding value-price point
- An internal 2.5″ HDD, CF Socket, USB 2.0 ports, Mini-PCI and console connection options guarantee that all hardware requirements will be met
- Six GbE network ports including one pair with bypass provide high throughput and availability
- Solid engineering and quality components, such as the Intel 945GSE + ICH7 System Logic and Intel 82574 GbE networking controller, ensure reliable operation and longevity
- The FW-7530′s low profile (36 mm height) makes it a perfect solution for network applications where space is critical
- Windows (2000, 2003, XP), Linux support
The FW-7530 features 6 GbE ports — one pair of ports has the option of being a bypass. Besides the 6 GbE ports, other external sockets include, a mini-PCI connector, 2 USB 2.0 ports, and a RJ45 Console port. The bay has room for one 2.5” hard drive, which can be connected via Serial ATA. The FW-7530 can be support up to 2 GB of RAM. Careful engineering of heat dispersing fins has enabled this appliance to cool itself without the use of a fan. All of this comes in a small package, with a height of just 36mm and a weight of 1.2 kg, this unit can fit anywhere.
The Lanner FW-7530 network appliance is a power-efficient platform that is powered by the Intel Atom N270 1.6GHz processor that offers a high performance per watt ratio and reduces electricity costs. This coupled with all RoHS compliant materials and practices means the FW-7530 is an environmentally friendly network application.
More info: Lanner FW-7530 Fanless Network Appliance (pdf)