Interface Masters Technologies introduced the Niagara 2292 desktop form-factor external passive bypass switch family for Gigabit Ethernet (GE). The switch supports Copper, Multi-Mode and Single-Mode Fiber Gigabit Ethernet options. The Niagara 2292 is designed to integrate with Inline Networking Servers, including WAN Acceleration, UTM, IPS Systems, and Security and Monitoring Appliances such as Firewalls, IDS systems, and Analysis Probes. The bypass switch features passive bypass functionality for maximum network-uptime and performance. The Niagara 2292 is now available for free evaluation for qualified projects and will be in full production this month.
The Niagara 2292 is designed for the SMB market and can be integrated with inline appliances including Intrusion Detection and Prevention, ISP, IT Network Security, UTM, Storage Area Networks (SAN), and WAN Acceleration devices.
Niagara 2292 Features
- Gigabit Copper support
- Gigabit and 10 Gigabit Multi-mode and Single-mode Fiber support
- Two Gigabit Ports to create a network link
- Two Gigabit Ports to connect an inline appliance
- Passive Bypass which is essential during power loss or software crash
- Programmable heartbeat interval
- Programmable “Fail-Closed” or “Fail-Open” while in the power-off state
- Dedicated RS-232 control port for simple Heart Beat Interval programming
- Low power consumption 0.3W maximum power
- Full RoHS compliance
- FCC Class A and CE certification
Niagara 2292 is designed to detect an inline-appliance malfunction such as a software crash, power failure or link loss, and automatically re-routes network traffic away from the inline device directly through the network link. Once the system is operating correctly and power is restored to the appliance, network traffic is seamlessly diverted back to the in-line device, allowing it to resume its critical functions. Niagara 2292 can be easily configured and managed via serial connection through a control port.
More info: Interface Masters Technologies