ACCES I/O Products introduced the PCIe-DIO-48S PCI Express Digital I/O Card. The PCIe-DIO-48S is a 48-channel PCI Express (PCIe) card designed for use in a variety of digital I/O applications. The digital I/O is compatible with 8255 PPI (mode 0) and is easy to program and migrate from other ACCES PCI digital I/O cards. The card features a x1 lane PCI Express connector which can be used in any x1 or higher PCI Express slot. The PCIe-DIO-48S is ideal for applications sensing inputs such as switch closures, TTL, LVTTL, CMOS logic and controlling external relays, and driving indicator lights. The PCIe-DIO-48S 48-Channel PCI Express digital I/O card is available now for $379.00
PCIe-DIO-48S PCI Express Digital I/O Card Features
- 48 or 24 channel high-current TTL digital I/O lines
- Change of State (COS) detection and interrupt capabilities
- Compatible with industry standard 8255 PPI
- Two 50-pin male headers with 24 digital lines each
- All 48 digital I/O lines buffered with 32mA source / 64mA sink current capabilities
- Four and eight bit ports independently selectable for inputs or outputs
- Pull-ups on DIO lines (optional pull-down)
- User interrupt pin on each DIO connector
- Easy upgrade from PCI-DIO-48S
- 5V VCCIO (3.3V optional) available on each I/O header
- Molex PC-style connector for maximum 5V VCCIO current sourcing capability
- Compatible with industry standard I/O racks like Grayhill, Opto 22, Western Reserve Controls, etc.
Each I/O line is buffered and capable of sourcing 32mA or sinking 64mA. Since the PCI Express x1 connector does not have sufficient power to drive this many channels, ACCES provides an on-board Molex PC-style connector compatible with system power supplies (for disk drive power), to externally provide maximum 5V current sourcing capability.
Connections to the card are made via two industry standard, 50-pin headers. Each header has three 8-bit I/O ports designated A, B and C. Each port can be programmed as inputs or outputs. Change of State (COS) detection and interrupt capabilities are designed to relieve software from polling routines that can consume valuable processing time. Each port can be programmed for detecting state changes on their lines. An ISR (interrupt service routine) then reads the port to determine which bit changed state and clear the interrupt.
The card is supported for use in most operating systems and includes a free DOS, Linux, and Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista/7 compatible software package. This package contains sample programs and source code in Visual Basic, Delphi, and Visual C++ for Windows. Also provided is a graphical setup program in Windows. Linux support includes installation files and basic samples for programming from user level via an open source kernel driver. Third party support includes a Windows standard DLL interface usable from the most popular application programs. Embedded OS support includes Windows XPe.
More info: ACCES I/O Products PCIe-DIO-48S PCI Express Digital I/O Card (pdf)