Texas Instruments introduced the low-cost, sub-1GHz CC11x1-Q1 device family. The CC11x1-Q1 family includes UHF transmitters, receivers and transceivers. They are designed for very low-power, high-range wireless, and car access systems. The CC11x1-Q1 features a simple RF design, an easy-to-use SPI interface, and does not require external filters or switches which results in a low-cost design. Pricing of the CC11x1-Q1 device family starts at $1.10 for 100k of the CC1151IRHBRG4Q1. These devices are available in a QFN 5x5mm, 32-pin package, resulting in the smallest board space for UHF transceivers on the market.
TI CC11x1-Q1 Features
- All devices are pin-to-pin and software compatible, allowing easy migration from unidirectional to bidirectional systems with a simple software upgrade.
- Extended temperature range (up to +125 degrees C) sustains the device as vehicle temperatures flex. All parts are qualified in accordance with AEC-Q100 temperature Grade 1.
- Designers can build high reliable data links with a fast frequency hopping scheme (88µs switching time) utilizing the fractional-N concept.
- No external filters, switches or voltage-controlled oscillators are required, resulting in only a few external components and low-cost designs.
- Typical receiver sensitivity up to -114dBm provides an increased communication range.
- Programmable data rate from 1.2 – 250kBaud brings flexibility to all applications with ASK, OOK, FSK, GFSK and MSK modulations.
- Automatic frequency compensation adds to ease of use and reliability.
- Embedded Packet Handler with support for sync word detection and automatic CRC allows for easy design and relaxed microcontroller requirements.
- Digital RSSI output opens the door for further applications.
More info: Texas Instruments CC11x1-Q1