Moxa rolled out the EDS-600 series of compact Ethernet switches for space-critical field applications that require a flexible and expandable Ethernet infrastructure or multiple fiber solutions. The modular EDS-600 managed Ethernet switches offer a rich selection of media modules, and they are extremely flexible and provide up to three Gigabit Ethernet ports and up to four modular expansion slots for Fast Ethernet modules with a diverse choice of copper and/or fiber connectors.
Moxa EDS-600 Ethernet Switches Features
- Compact and space-efficient design
- Up to 19 optical fiber connections in a small form factor (EDS-619)
- Modular form factor with rich 4-port copper/fiber combination modules
- Hot swappable media modules ensure minimum downtime and safe maintenance (available soon)
- Turbo Ring, Turbo Chain, and RSTP/STP for network redundancy
- Fully managed functionality with IEEE 1588 PTP, Modbus/TCP, LLDP, DHCP Option 82, SNMP Inform, QoS, IGMP snooping, VLAN, and more
- Integrated security features such as IEEE 802.1X, HTTPS, SSH, SNMPv3, and port security
- IPv6 and IPv4 dual stack transition structure
- -40 to 75°C operating temperature range
The EDS-600 managed Ethernet switches feature versatile software functionality, including Turbo Ring and Turbo Chain redundancy with a fast recovery time under 20 ms, Modbus/TCP for integrating with SCADA/HMI systems, LLDP to enable automatic detection of network topology, IPv6 for next generation networking, and IEEE 1588 PTP to synchronize devices on a network with sub-microsecond precision, just to name a few. The EDS-600 series with its many features guarantees excellent network performance.
The Moxa EDS-600 line features a wide operating temperature range of -40 to 75°C as well as hot-swappable media modules to ensure reliable operation. The EDS-600 modular Ethernet switch product line is a cost-effective Ethernet infrastructure solution that maximizes flexibility and simplifies expansion.
Moxa’s EDS-600 series is ideal for multiple-fiber applications as it is able to offer up to 16 fiber Ethernet ports with the additional option of three 1000SFP slots for Gigabit fiber uplinks.
More info: Moxa