Concurrent Technologies introduced the PP 531/06x 6U CompactPCI single board computer. The PP 531/06x SBC is based on Intel’s 45nm process technology. The single slot 6U CompactPCI processor board features either the 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor SP9300 or the 1.86 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor SL9400. The the processor’s dual cores can access up to 8 Gbytes of on board soldered DDR3 dual channel SDRAM at up to 16 Gbytes/s. The board is ideal for CPU intensive processing applications. The PP 531/06x single board computer supports Linux, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows XP Embedded, Windows XP, Solaris, VxWorks and QNX.
Concurrent PP 531/06x Single Board Computer Features
- Supports up to 8 Gbytes DDR3-1066 SDRAM
- 2 SATA interfaces via J5
- SATA 300 interface for on-board hard disk or solid state drive (uses a PMC/XMC site)
- SATA 300 interface for on-board CompactFlash socket via EIDE converter
- 2 x front interfaces implemented by Intel 82574L controllers via x1 PCI Express links
- Rear interface via J3 implemented by Intel 82574L controller via x1 PCI Express link
- Rear interface via J3 implemented by an Intel 82567 Gigabit Ethernet controller
- Support for PICMG 2.16 R1.0 – Packet Switching Backplane (PSB)
- Supports 10 Base-T, 100 Base-TX, 1000 Base-T
- 2 x PMC/XMC sites
- RS232/RS422/RS485 serial channel — Tx, Rx, CTS and RTS signals via J5
- 16550 compatible UART
- 4 Mbytes of BIOS Flash EPROM — 8-bits wide
The PP 531/06x is based on a platform consisting of the 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor SP9300 or the 1.86 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor SL9400, the Intel GS45 Graphics Memory Controller Hub, and the Intel I/O Controller Hub 9M-E. The dual core processors offer a large shared last level cache (6 Mbytes), 1066 MHz Front Side Bus, improved power management, and support 64-bit operating systems.
A wide range of onboard I/O is available to the user: the board supports four 10/100/1000Mps Ethernet interfaces (two front and two rear) and the front panel also supports two USB 2.0 interfaces. The rear panel supports keyboard, mouse, analog graphics (2048 x 1536), two USB 2.0, RS-232/422/485, and two SATA300 interfaces.
Other features included are a watchdog timer, long duration timer, LAN boot firmware and options for an onboard 2.5-inch SATA300 hard disk drive and CompactFlash storage. For applications requiring rear I/O connections, a rear transition module is available.
More information: Concurrent Technologies PP 531/06x Processor Board (pdf)