IDT (Integrated Device Technology) introduced a new family of embedded clocks. The embedded clocks are available in various packages, ranging from 48 to 72 pins and including SSOP, TSSOP and MLF package types. Many of the devices are also offered in industrial temperature range versions. The devices are currently available and are priced at $2.95 in 1,000 unit quantities. The IDT embedded clocks have a guaranteed life cycle of at least five years and up to seven years.
IDT Embedded Clocks Features and Benefits
- Low power
- Integrated voltage regulators
- Integrated series resistors on differential outputs, except for CK410
- Industrial temperature available on many devices
- Some devices are available in AEQ Q100 Level 3 compliant versions
- Wide variety of packages available
- IDT offers supply assurance and stability for your design needs
- Proven performance in high volume systems
- IDT is a reliable high volume supplier
- Supports both AMD and Intel chipsets in the embedded space
- Longer life cycle (5 to 7 years) compared to the 1 to 1.5 years life cycle of a PC
- Excellent product support from IDT
The new devices support various standard chip sets used in today’s embedded applications. The IDT embedded clocks provide a single-chip solution for systems using today’s standard chip sets, helping save board space and giving embedded system designers greater flexibility. The new IDT devices also provide highly accurate outputs supporting Serial ATA and PCI Express. All of the new embedded clocks are SMBus programmable and feature spread spectrum to reduce electromagnetic interference (EMI), providing increased reliability and improved signal integrity.
The IDT embedded clocks are ideal for embedded applications or any computing system that is hidden from view and runs a real-time operating system. Such systems include high-end printers, home routers, automotive infotainment systems, outdoor communications equipment, industrial temperature-rated motherboards and ruggedized notebooks.
More information: IDT Embedded Clocks