ACCES I/O Products announced the Model PCIe-COM232-8 RS-232 serial communication card. The PCIe-COM232-8 PCI Express card features eight RS-232 ports in a low profile (MD1) form factor. Each RS-232 port is capable of supporting data rates up to 921.6kbps and implements full modem control signals to ensure compatibility with a broad variety of serial devices. Existing serial peripherals can connect directly to the industry standard DB9M connectors which are provided on the breakout cable that ships with each card. The PCIe-COM232-8 is available now for $359.00.
- Eight-port PCI Express RS-232 serial communication
- Low profile PCIe MD1 form factor, MD1 defines the shortest standard card length available
- High performance 16C950 class UARTs with 128-byte FIFO for each TX and RX
- Supports data communication speeds up to 921.6kbps
- ± 15kV ESD protection on transmitter and receiver pins
- Full modem control signals
- Software compatible with all operating systems
- Plug and Play, no jumpers to configure
- 6′ breakout cable included, terminating with industry-standard DB9M connectors (no external breakout box required)
- Light sensor for enclosure security
- Four-port version and extended temperature (-40°C to +85°C) available
The card features a x1 lane PCI Express connector which can be used in any available x1, x2, x4, x8, x12, or x16 PCI Express expansion slot. The PCIe-COM232-8 is useful in applications where space is at a premium such as embedded PCs, thin-client, and high-density rack-mount servers. The card is ideal for retail, hospitality, postal automation, point-of-sale system applications, gaming, and defense applications.
The card is 4.7 inches in length and 2.2 inches seated height and complies with the MD1 Low Profile Form Factor specifications (the smallest PCI Express card available). Low profile PCI Express allows the design of small footprint, low profile systems while still offering expandability and upgradeability to the end user. A regular profile mounting bracket is installed for use in standard size computers, while an optional low profile bracket is provided for smaller systems which require the use of low profile PCI Express cards.
More information: ACCES I/O Products