American Portwell Technology introduced the CAM-0100 desktop fanless network appliance. The CAM-0100 is a complete Small Office/Home Office (SOHO) Office-in-a-Box appliance. It offers high price/performance capability by harnessing the power of the Cavium OCTEON CN5010 (single core)/CN5020 (dual core) Secure Communication Processor (SCP) with built-in security function. The CAM-0100 features DDR2 SODIMM 400/533/667 (up to 1GB), two RGMII RJ45 GbE ports, four RJ45 GbE switch ports, data protection via one bypass segment for fail-over option, one Mini-PCI socket for a wireless access point card, one Compact Flash socket, and one SATA interface.
CAM-0100 Network Security Appliance Features
- A5 Size Desktop platform for entry SMB and SOHO market
- Highest price-performance, best cost efficiency
- Built with Cavium architecture – simple, compact and powerful
- 2 RJ45 GbE ports and 4 RJ45 Gb switching ports for basic network requirement
- One MiniPCI socket for expansion with Wireless or other applications
- One CF socket and SATA interface
- Fanless system
The CAM-0100 measures 8.27″(W) x 5.85″(D) x 1.73″(H). The 1U height A5-size platform is ideal for SIs, OEMs, and software developers designing and implementing edge networking security applications such as network intrusion prevention/detection, spyware control, content filter, P2P control, instant message recording for SOHO and remote satellite office, plus medical DICOM and PACS, industrial control and automation, and PCI Data Security Standard (DSS).
More information: American Portwell Technology CAM-0100 (pdf)