WIN Enterprises introduced the MB-62020, which is an Intel Atom-based COM Express module. The MB-62020 is ideal for handheld, mobile, and remote applications that require low-power with high-performance, such as medical, industrial, kiosk, and point-of-service devices. The MB-62020 supports Windows (XP/Pro SP2, XP Embedded SP2, and Embedded CE 6.0) and Linux (Red Hat Embedded Linux, Wind River Linux, Ubuntu 9.04 Mobile, and Ubuntu 9.04 Desktop). Prices for the MB-62020 module starts at $248 in OEM quantities. The MB-73220 companion evaluation base board starts at $152 in OEM quantities.
WIN MB-62020 Module Features
- Ultra low power consumption
- Embedded Intel Atom processor Z5xx series
- Intel System Controller Hub US15W
- PICMG COM Express R1.0 Compliant
- Flexible PCI-Express and PCI Expansion
- One DDR2 SO-DIMM sockets supports 533/400MHz up to 2GB memory
- Dual 10/100Mbps PCI bus Ethernet
- Supports CRT, 18/24-bit interface
- One Gigabit Ethernet and one Fast Ethernet
- Supports COM Express standard features: USB, SATA, ATA, GPIO, HDA
A choice of ULV Intel Z5xx series Atom onboard processors provides 1.1 GHz or 1.6GHz of performance. The hardware-based video decode acceleration offloads the decode burden from the Atom processor for better throughput at reduced power consumption. Full hardware acceleration of H.264, MPEG2, MPEG4, VC1, and WMV9 is supported.
More information: WIN Enterprises MB-62020 COM Express Module (pdf)