Diamond Systems introduced the Pluto PLT-N270-1G, which is a compact, I/O-rich, board-level embedded computer based on an Intel Atom processor and featuring modular PC/104-Plus expansion. PLT-N270-1G offers scalable CPU performance and power consumption. It integrates a low-power 1.6GHz Intel Atom processor along with up to 2GB of DDR2 SDRAM, and boasts a wide -20° C to +70° C operating temperature. Pluto is ideal for defense, transportation, energy management, industrial automation, and medical applications. The Pluto PLT-N270-1G is available now for $599 (quantity 1).
Pluto ETX Embedded Computer Features
- Supports Windows XP, and Linux 2.6
- 2 10/100Mbps Ethernet LAN ports
- 1 IDE interface (supports 2 drives)
- 2 SATA interfaces (support 1 drive each)
- 4 USB 2.0 ports
- 4 serial ports (1 RS-232/422/485; 3 RS-232 only)
- AC’97 audio (mic in, line in/out)
- PS/2 keyboard/mouse support (USB keyboard mouse also supported)
- Parallel port (shared with floppy interface)
- Programmable digital I/O port (8 inputs, 8 outputs)
- CompactFlash I/II socket
Pluto is a low profile board-set consisting of an ETX CPU module mated with an ETX-sized (3.5 x 3.7 inches) I/O baseboard. This approach offers enhanced thermal management, and increases the space available for I/O interface controllers and connectors. A PC/104-Plus socket on Pluto’s top side makes it easy to tailor the system to an embedded application’s precise requirements, by plugging in suitable PC/104 (ISA), PCI/104 (PCI), or PC/104-Plus expansion.
More information: Diamond Systems Pluto ETX Embedded Computer (pdf)