Microchip Technology introduced the PIC18F1XK22 family of 8-bit PIC microcontrollers (MCUs) with nanoWatt XLP technology, which enables extremely low sleep currents. The high-performance, low-power PIC18F13K22, PIC18LF13K22, PIC18F14K22 and PIC18LF14K22 MCUs are available in 20-pin packages and provide 1.8 to 5.5V operation, with up to 16 Kbytes Flash program memory. The devices support mTouch capacitive touch sensing. Pricing for the PIC18F1XK22 devices starts at $1.27 each, in 10,000-unit quantities. All of the devices are available in 20-pin PDIP, SSOP, SOIC and 4 mm x 4 mm QFN packages.
PIC18F1XK22 MCUs Features
- 64 MHz precision internal oscillator, which lowers total system costs by reducing the number of external components needed for complete designs
- Master Synchronous Serial Port (MSSP) with SPI/I2C interface and address masking
- 12-channel, 10-bit Analog-to-Digital Converter (ADC)
- S/R-latch module that supports mTouch capacitive touch-sensing (up to 4 buttons)
- Enhanced Capture/Compare/Pulse-Width Modulation [PWM (ECCP)] with steering capabilities
- Dual rail-to-rail comparators
- Programmable Brown Out Reset (BOR)
- Low-power 1.8 to 5.5V operation, with full analog peripheral functionality
- Small package options, including 4 mm x 4 mm QFN
nanoWatt XLP technology allows the PIC18LF1XK22 MCUs to operate longer using less power, or with fewer battery changes, by enabling sleep current of 34 nA, typical at 1.8V; Timer1 oscillator currents of 800 nA, typical at 1.8V, 32 kHz; and Watchdog Timer currents of 300 nA, typical at 1.8V. Most low-power applications require one or more of these features, and nanoWatt XLP Technology combines all of them into one device in the “LF” versions of the PIC18F1XK22 family.
The PIC18F1XK22 MCUs are ideal for appliance (blenders, refrigerators, dishwashers), consumer/home electronic (athletic attire, cell phones, phone chargers, electric shavers, vacuum cleaners), industrial (digital water heaters, security systems, HVAC control), automotive (car audio, remote controls, power seats, lighting control), and medical markets (intelligent medical bandages, pregnancy testers, glucose meters, patient-monitoring equipment).
More information: Microchip Technology PIC18F4XK20 and PIC1XK22 Series