Texas Instruments introduced two Piccolo Motor Control Kits that enable PFC and sensorless field-oriented control of up to two motors with a single low-cost microcontroller (MCU). The kits include everything needed to immediately begin development of cost-sensitive motor control applications (such as pumps, HVAC, refrigerators and other appliances/white goods). The controlCARD-based kits feature a Piccolo controlCARD, Code Composer Studio IDE, software libraries, and a hardware designer’s package. The Motor Control and PFC Developer’s Kit includes a single permanent magnet motor while the Dual Motor Control and PFC Developer’s Kit includes two motors.
The Motor Control and PFC Developer’s Kit (TMDS1MTRPFCKIT) is priced at $369 and the Dual Motor Control and PFC Developer’s Kit (TMDS2MTRPFCKIT) is priced at $399. Both kits are now in stock and immediately available to order.
Piccolo MCU Motor Control and PFC Developer’s Kits Features
- Single 60MHz TMS320F28035 MCU features 128KB flash and control-oriented peripherals such as 12-bit, 16 channel on chip ADC and high resolution PWM outputs
- Sensorless field-oriented software tuned for kits’ motors allows developers to easily begin design right out of the box
- Software is broken into incremental builds for easy, step by step learning and development of motor control plus PFC on Piccolo MCUs
- Dual full bridge PWM motor drivers include programmable cycle-by-cycle current limit and two stage thermal protection capabilities
- Isolated onboard USB JTAG emulation saves on cost by eliminating the need for an external JTAG emulator
- Detailed documentation of field-oriented motor control theory and PFC principles, including instructions for executing both with one Piccolo MCU