ZeroG Wireless and Microchip Technology teamed together for the ZeroG Wireless ZG2100M and ZG2101M Wi-Fi Modules, ZeroG IEEE 802.11 Development Kit for Explorer 16 (part # AC164136), and the ZeroG Wi-Fi PICtail/PICtail Plus Daughter Board (part # AC164136-2). The two companies jointly developed an optimized Wi-Fi solution for embedded designers and resulted in modules for Microchip’s 8-, 16- and 32-bit PIC microcontrollers (MCUs) and dsPIC Digital Signal Controllers (DSCs).
ZeroG Wireless Wi-Fi Transceiver Modules
The ZG2100M and ZG2101M Wi-Fi are available today for $31.95 each in single-unit quantities. The modules provide a complete Wi-Fi wireless connection with full FCC, ETSI, IC and Wi-Fi certification, which reduces the overall design risk, eliminates design and certification cost, and enables quick time-to-market for customers wanting to add Wi-Fi to their PIC microcontroller-based products.
ZeroG Wi-Fi PICtail/PICtail Plus Daughter Board
The AC164136-2 daughter board consists of the ZeroG ZG2100M FCC and Wi-Fi certified module and is priced at $59.994. The daughter board enables designers to quickly create a direct connection to the Internet by seamlessly connecting to standard wireless access points. In managing the connection, the ZeroG ZG2100M module controls the MAC and baseband layers, and is connected to the host MCU or DSC via an SPI port. The 8/16/32-bit PIC MCU or dsPIC DSC that resides on the Microchip development board controls the free Microchip TCP/IP networking stack and runs the system application. Additional key features of the daughter board include:
- FCC, IC and ETSI Certified, providing considerable cost savings and quick time to market
- Wi-Fi Certified and IEEE 802.11b Compliant wireless solution
- ZG2100M small-footprint module with integrated antenna, MAC, baseband, RF and power amplifier
- Microchip’s free TCP/IP stack supports standard suite of Internet Protocols
- Supports WEP, WPA and WPA2 security protocols
ZeroG IEEE 802.11 Development Kit for Explorer 16
The AC164136 development kit is available now for $189.99. This kit demonstrates 802.11 Wi-Fi connectivity using the separately available Explorer 16 development board, which supports all of Microchip’s 16-bit PIC24 MCUs, 32-bit PIC32 MCUs and dsPIC DSCs. The kit includes:
- ZeroG Wi-Fi PICtail/PICtail Plus Daughter Board
- Pre-programmed PIC24FJ128GA010 Plug-in Module for the Explorer 16, with TCP/IP and Web server application
- Pre-configured wireless broadband router