Teridian Semiconductor unveiled the 78M6612 system-on-a-chip (SoC) for power outlet measurement and monitoring. The 78M6612 enables duplex AC power measurement for use by original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) of home automation products, as well as enterprise OEMs for servers, power supplies, power distribution units, and communication equipment. 78M6612 sample and production quantities are available now and priced at $2.89 in quantities of 100, for 64 pin LQFP and 68 pin QFN packages.
Teridian 78M6612 Features
- <0.5% Wh accuracy over 2000:1 current range and over temperature
- Duplex outlet individually measured by a single IC
- Provides complete energy measurement and communication protocol capability in a single chip
- Intelligent switch control capability
- Complete energy measurement and host interface firmware available
The 78M6612 is a highly integrated, single phase, AC power measurement and monitoring SoC, which includes a 32-bit compute engine, an MPU core, real time clock, and FLASH memory. Teridian’s patented Single Converter Technology, with a 22-bit delta-sigma ADC, and digital temperature compensation, supports a wide range of single phase, dual outlet power measurement applications, on only 25mW of power. Complete firmware is available along with reference designs to enable rapid development of power and energy measurement solutions that meet the most demanding worldwide standards.
More information: Teridian Semiconductor