The AMC-3C87F-GPS, from CommAgility, is a single width, full-size Advanced Mezzanine Card for 4G wireless PHY layer processing. The AMC-3C87F-GPS features three Remote Radio Head (RRH) interfaces, an integrated GPS receiver, and an OCXO option for timing holdover. The new module is optimized to significantly reduce system cost and complexity for next-generation wireless base stations. The AMC-3C87F3-GPS is sampling to lead customers now.
CommAgility AMC-3C87F-GPS Highlights
- Three industry-standard CPRI/OBSAI optical SFP interfaces support direct connections to Remote Radio Heads for full three sector operation without chaining connections
- Three Texas Instruments TCI6487 multicore DSPs running at 1 or 1.2 GHz, as well as a Xilinx Virtex-5 FPGA
- The integrated GPS receiver provides base station timing synchronisation — no need for an external GPS receiver
- Multiple 10 Gbps Serial RapidIO and Gigabit Ethernet backplane connections are included to provide fast and reliable I/O interconnects for larger systems
- Tested with WiMAX PHY software from Tata Elxsi and remote radio heads from AxisNT — this reduces system development costs and helps cut time to market for OEMs
More information: CommAgility