The 3-axis MMA7660FC, from Freescale Semiconductor, is an advanced low-power sensor based on proven micro-electromechanical system (MEMS) technology specifically engineered for handheld portable electronic devices. The MMA7660FC accelerometer enhances user interfaces for mobile phones, small appliances and gaming by allowing the user to tap, shake or orient the device for specified commands. The device also includes smart power management features to help extend battery life. The MMA7660FC sensor is available now for a suggested resale price starting at $1.39 (USD) in 10,000-piece quantities.
The Freescale MMA7660FC accelerometer integrates orientation, shake and tap detection with auto wake-up/sleep detection in a compact 3 x 3 x 0.9mm package. The MMA7660FC can be configured with custom portrait/landscape trip points for six orientations: left, right, up, down, back, and front. In addition, the MMA7660FC communicates directly with the main system processor through an I2C interface for communication simplicity and flexibility. The MMA7660FC is ideal for mobile phones, PDAs, digital cameras, shock detection, motion control, activity monitoring in medical and sports applications, and orientation and freefall detection in gaming and toys.
MMA7660FC Accelerometer Features
- ±1.5g three-axis digital accelerometer with I2C
- Low-profile 3 x 3 x 0.9 mm DFN package
- Low current consumption
- Off mode: 0.4 µA
- Standby mode: 2 µA
- Active mode: 47 µA at one sample per second
- Configurable output data rate from 1 to 120 samples per second
- Configurable auto wake/sleep for low power consumption
- Configurable orientation detection for portrait/landscape capability
- Six orientations: left, right, up, down, back, and front
- Gesture detection, including shake and tap detection
- Robust design, ability to survive shocks up to 10,000g
More information: Freescale Semiconductor Sensors