The USB-2416 and the USB-2416-4AO, from Measurement Computing, are 24-bit, analog input devices for voltage or temperature. The multifunction measurement and control modules feature eight digital I/O lines and two counters. The USB-2416-4AO model also has four analog outputs. An optional AI-EXP32 expansion module doubles the analog input capacity of the USB-2416 series modules. The USB-2416 series modules support Microsoft Windows 2000/XP/Vista (32-bit) operating systems.
USB-2416 Series Features
- 16 differential or 32 single-ended analog inputs
- 24-bit resolution
- Nine software-selectable ranges: ±20 V, ±10 V, ±5 V, ±2.5 V, ±1.25 V, ±0.625 V, ±0.312 V, ±0.156 V, and ±0.078 V
- Any of the analog inputs can be configured for thermocouples (up to 16 differential)
- 1000 samples per second aggregate throughput
- Built-in cold junction compensation and open thermocouple detection
- Eight lines of high-drive digital I/O
- Two 32-bit counters
- 500-volt isolation between signal I/Os and the host computer
- TracerDAQ data logging, viewing, and analysis application
- Universal Library
- InstaCal installation, calibration, and test utility
The USB-2416-4AO model also includes four analog output channels with 16-bit resolution, ±10 V output range, and an aggregate 1000 Hz update rate.
With the optional AI-EXP32 analog input expansion module, the number of analog input channels on the USB-2416 series can be doubled — increasing from 16 differential/32 single-ended inputs, to 32 differential/64 single-ended inputs. The expansion module also provides an additional 16 channels of DIO, bringing the total DIO count of the mated pair to 24. All of the features of the USB-2416 series module are included when the AI-EXP32 is attached, including the ability to accommodate thermocouples on any input channel, built-in cold junction compensation, and open thermocouple detection. The AI-EXP32 can be plugged directly into a USB-2416 series module.
More info: Measurement Computing Corporation