The MB-60580, from WIN Enterprises, is a PICMG 1.3 form factor motherboard. The MB-60580 supports the low-power 45nm Quad-Core AMD Opteron (Shanghai) processor. The MB-60580 can support a single or two of the Shanghai processors. The new board supports Windows XP, Windows XP 64-Bit Edition, 2000 Server, BSD, and Redhat Linux. Production units are available now. Pricing for the MB-60580 starts at $834 in OEM quantities.
The MB-60580 is ideal for intense parallel processing applications in aerospace, defense, scientific, digital media, virtualization, medical imaging, and ultra-low latency communications. The MB-60580 is used in both fixed-station and mobile platforms that support field applications.
- PICMG 1.3 form factor: 13.330″ x 4.976″; 33.86 cm x 12.64 cm
- Supports either single quad-core or two quad-core processors
- Supports 32- and 64-bit computing with Dual-Core AMD Opteron and Quad-Core Processors
- Processor Socket F (1207)
- Passive backplane
- Optional integrated ATI Mobility Radeon X300 64MB graphics
- CPU provides low power consumption and heat dissipation
- Optional stackable HyperTransport card enables additional memory or support for a second processor
- Semi-custom pin-out supports PCIX and 16-Lane PCI Express
- Power consumption: 95W for standard and 68W for HE (highly efficient) processor
- NVIDIA nForce Professional 2200 chipset
- 2 memory slots with up to 8GB and optional 4 slots with up to 16GB
More info: WIN Enterprises MB-60580 (pdf)