Microchip Technology introduced seven dsPIC33F “GS” Digital Signal Controllers (DSCs) for common, multi-loop Switch-Mode Power Supplies (SMPSs), and other power-conversion applications. The dsPIC33FJ06GS101 is available in an 18-pin SOIC package. The dsPIC33FJ06GS102, dsPIC33FJ06GS202, dsPIC33FJ16GS402, and dsPIC33FJ16GS502 are available in 28-pin SOIC, SPDIP and 6×6 mm QFN packages. The dsPIC33FJ16GS404 and dsPIC33FJ16GS504 are available in 44-pin TQFP and QFN packages. These DSCs start at $1.96 each in 5,000-unit quantities.
The digital-power dsPIC33Fs feature an “Intelligent Power Peripheral,” which includes interconnected analog comparators, Pulse-Width Modulators (PWMs) and Analog-to-Digital Converters (ADCs) that are specialized for digital-power applications and can be software configured to adapt to a variety of topologies. The DSCs are ideal for AC/DC converters, DC/DC power-converters, embedded power-supply controllers, power inverters, Uninterruptible Power Supplies (UPSs), and digital lighting.
dsPIC33F “GS” Digital Signal Controllers Features
- 40 MIPS performance
- Small-footprint QFN package (6 mm x 6 mm)
- On-chip high-speed analog comparators (up to four)
- On-chip, 10-bit Digital-to-Analog Converter (DAC)
- UART, I2C[tm] and SPI communications
- Internal pin remapping to optimize PCB layout, via the Peripheral Pin Select function
- Fast, deterministic interrupt responses
- Extended-temperature operation (-40 to 125 degrees Celsius)
- Flexible configuration of ADCs, Comparators and PWMs to handle peak loading without CPU intervention
More info: Microchip dsPIC33F DSCs