The Kontron CP308 is a high-performance 3U CompactPCI CPU board. The Kontron CP308 features the 45nm Intel Core2 Duo processor, Intel GS45 Graphics and Memory Controller Hub, and Intel I/O Controller Hub ICH9M. Samples of the Kontron CP308 3U CompactPCI processor board are available now. Full production is scheduled for Q2, 2009. The Kontron CP308 runs with Linux, VxWorks, Microsoft Windows XP, Vista, XP embedded, or Windows Server 2003. Highly integrated board support packages support all onboard hardware devices.
Kontron CP308 Features
- 4HP or 8HP CPU with passive cooling
- Scalable processor speed, up to 2.26 GHz
- Support of latest DDR3 memory technology providing memory throughput up to 17 GB/s
- Superior control and management functionality: System management functionality, Wake On Lan, integrated TPM, Drone Mode
- Optional USB NAND Flash for data storage within 4HP
- Broad range of software support: Linux, VxWorks, Windows XP, Vista, XP embedded, Windows Server 2003
The Kontron CP308 3U CompactPCI CPU board features up to 8 GB of energy efficient DDR3-SODIMM RAM with 800/1066 MHz memory bus and offers a rich feature set: a VGA port, up to seven USB 2.0 ports, two COM ports, two Gigabit Ethernet ports and four SATA interfaces, which are available either on onboard connectors, front I/O or rear I/O connectors. In addition, one USB port is reserved on a dedicated onboard connector for mounting an appropriate USB NAND Flash module.
The Kontron CP308-HDD offers even more features. The 8HP version of the Kontron CP308 extends the interfaces on the front panel by 1x DVI, 1x COM port, 1x PS2, 2x USB 2.0, and adds a reset button. For data storage, the Kontron CP308-HDD offers support for a 2.5 SATA hard drive and a USB NAND Flash module and offers an onboard Compact Flash socket. All three can be used simultaneously.
More info: Kontron CP308