MicroJvm AVR32, from IS2T, is an integrated solution for designing embedded Java applications for Flash microcontrollers. MicroJvm AVR32 enables software developers of real-time embedded systems to design with Java up to five times faster than traditional software technologies. MicroJvm Java platform is targeted at AVR32 UC3 microcontroller. The platform features a small memory footprint, high speed Java engine, and optimized software library bundles.
MicroJvm AVR32 is an alternative to platforms such as embedded Linux and Windows CE/MF. The IS2T platforms are ideal for designing devices with communication links, LCD displays, sensors, machine-to-machine, e-metering, and home automation.
MicroJvm AVR32 Features
- Baremetal native full threading (including all Thread/Object APIs)
- Object references are direct pointers
- Efficient locks for fast synchronizations
- One word object header to minimise heap overhead
- Incremental compacting (soft) real-time garbage collector
- Extended Thread suspension using Signals (native and java worlds fast synchronisation)
- Optimized for low-power consumption
- WeakReference support
- Optimized interned String representation
- Run in RAM or in ROM (Flash)