AMD (NYSE: AMD) introduced the Sempron 210U and 200U processors for embedded systems. The new processors feature five year longevity and lidless Ball Grid Array (BGA) packaging with the low power and high performance of AMD’s Direct Connect Architecture. Development can be streamlined even more by pairing the new Sempron processors with the AMD M690E chipset. The robust embedded platform can help speed time to market and deliver the graphics and display options that are increasingly important in embedded systems.
AMD Sempron 200U and 210U Features
- AMD Direct Connect Architecture provides separate, dedicated high-speed links between processor and memory, processor and I/O, and I/O to memory, to enable predictability in real-time applications
- HyperTransport technology helps boost overall system performance through a dedicated high-speed, low-latency I/O interface
- AMD Digital Media Xpress technology designed to be compatible with the largest installed base of multimediaenhanced software, taking 3D and graphics to new levels for medical imaging, gaming, kiosk, and point-of-sale applications
- Simultaneous 32- and 64-bit performance, designed to be compatible with Microsoft Windows Vista
- Enhanced Virus Protection to increase the reliability of your network-connected applications
More info: AMD Sempron 200U and 210U Processors (pdf)