The PP 452/03x, from Concurrent Technologies, is a single-slot CompactPCI dual-core processor, dual PMC/XMC, single board computer. The board uses the 1.5 GHz or 1.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor. The board is ideal for low power intensive processing applications where the dual processor cores can access up to 4 Gbytes of soldered DDR2-400 ECC SDRAM at up to 6.4 Gbytes/s. For I/O flexibility there are 2 PMC/XMC sites supporting both front and rear I/O, plus 2 SATA150, 1 RS232, 3 USB 2.0 and dual Gigabit Ethernet interfaces. The PP 452/03x supports Linux, Windows Server 2003, Windows XP Embedded, Windows XP, Windows 2000, Solaris, QNX and VxWorks.
The PP 452/03x supports PICMG 2.16 (Ethernet fabric), PICMG 2.9 (IPMI), and PICMG 2.1 (hot swap). All boards can operate as a system controller board, a peripheral board or as a satellite board (blade). Commercial and extended temperature versions are now available and ruggedized, conduction-cooled or air-cooled, versions will be available shortly. Applications for this family of boards are expected within the defence, industrial control and transportation markets.
PP 452/03x Central Processor
- 1.5 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor L7400 or 1.06 GHz Core 2 Duo processor ULV U7500:
- Dual-core processor
- 4 Mbytes of secondary (L2) on-die cache
- 667 MHz Front Side Bus
- Intel 64 Technology (64-bit computing)
- Uses mFC-BGA 478 (micro Flip-Chip Ball Grid Array) package
- Utilizes Intel E7520 server class chipset:
- Uses Intel 6300ESB I/O Controller Hub
- Provision for XDP debug port
More info: Concurrent Technologies PP 452/03x CompactPCI Board (pdf)