Nexcom recently introduced the VTC 6000 fanless in-vehicle computer. The VTC 6000 is designed for car, truck, bus, train, and maritime applications. Featuring the Intel Atom processor, the VTC 6000 is more compact and consumes extremely low power to optimize system reliability. Other features include power ignition delay control, extended temperature from -22~140°F, and GPS wireless network. The built-in G sensor provides dispatchers with visibility of vehicle safety and automatic monitoring. The VTC 6000 enhances real-time connectivity and increases overall productivity for transportation and logistics providers.
The VTC 6000′s 8-level power ignition delay control is selectable for boot-up and shut-down voltage for power protection. S3 and S4 Suspend mode is built in for power saving when the system is in idle. In addition, the VTC6000 is built to withstand the harsh road conditions with anti-vibration and anti-shock mechanisms. The design enables fleet to roam between temperatures of -22 to 140F. The VTC 6000′s high cost efficiency and slim fan-less design makes it an ideal tool for 24/7 operation with low maintenance.
The VTC 6000 not only meets industrial mission-critical requirements but also provides versatile functions for mobile workers. With Integrated SMBus, the VTC600 provides compatibility with most I2C devices for external module connections (e. g, battery charger, thermal sensors and G sensors). The VTC 6000 also supports multiple display connections with VGA, TV-out and LVDS. Two mini PCIe and one PCI-104 expansion slots enable to adapt off-the-shelf modules. The VTC 6000 offers an open platform that allows logistic managers to select and control applications and peripherals that best meet their business needs.
VTC 6000 Highlights
- Build-in Intel Atom processor with US15W chipset
- Availability of GSM/ GPRS/ CDMA/ HSDPA/ GPS/ Wi-Fi/ Bluetooth
- Power ignition on/off delay control
- Optional IP54 enclosure
- Wide voltage acceptance(6V~36V) for low-power protection
- 1x PCI-104 expansion slot, 2x Mini PCIe, 3x USB, 1x GPIO (4 input &4 output)
- 10/100/1000 Ethernet
- Multiple display interface connections (VGA, TV-out and LVDS)
- External smart battery back-up support
- e13 Mark, CE, FCC B certification
VTC 6000 Applications
- In-vehicle Telematics Control
- Real-Time Transportation Fleet Dispatch Management
- In-vehicle Signage
- Automated vehicle location system
- Advanced driver information system
- Emergency message system
- In-vehicle entertainment hub
- In-vehicle control and system monitor
More info: NEXCOM VTV6000