The conga-CA945 COM Express module features the Intel Atom[tm] processor N270 and the full-featured Mobile Intel 945GSE Express chipset in conjunction with the Intel I/O Controller Hub 7-M. The complete design of the compact (95x95mm) COM Express module offers excellent performance-per-watt at optimized price levels. The total thermal design power (TDP) of the processor/chipset combination is only 8 Watts, making applications that typically require less than 5 Watts ideal for this module. Combining this low power consumption with ACPI 3.0 battery management also provides the ability to create fully-featured mobile embedded applications. The conga-CA945 is priced at $290 (US list). Samples will be available at the end of this month.
All congatec modules are equipped with an embedded BIOS and a board controller that enhance embedded features such as system monitoring, watchdog timer and the I2C bus. With the ability to isolate itself from the main x86 processor, these features are also made available in stand-by mode, hence promoting further power saving functionality. In addition to enhanced power management, the congatec Embedded BIOS supports ACPI 3.0 with battery management.
- Three PCI Express Lanes, eight USB 2.0 ports, two serial ATA, two Express Cards, one IDE Interface, Intel High Definition Audio
- 32-Bit PCI bus, multi master I2C bus, LPC bus, fan control, Gigabit Ethernet
- DDR2 SODIMM socket allows for flexible memory configuration up to 2 GBytes
- 45nm Intel Atom processor N270 with 512 kByte L2 cache
- Operates at 1.6 GHz clock speed and utilizes a 533 MHz front side bus
- Acts like a dual-core system and can independently operate two operating systems simultaneously
- Mobile Intel 945GSE Express chipset with integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950
- More than 10 GB/s bandwidth with a maximum of 224 MByte video memory allocation
- Both independent graphic pipelines can use either dual-channel LVDS, single SDVO or analog VGA
- Embedded Panel Interface (EPI) and VESA DisplayID standard
More info: congatec AG