The M-810 Miniature Hexapod, from PI (Physik Instrumente), is a 6-Axis precision positioning system. The M-810 Miniature Hexapod is the world’s smallest commercially available electro-mechanical, high-force Hexapod 6-axis micropositioning system. With a diameter of only 10 cm and a height of 11.8 cm, the M-810 offers travel ranges of up to 40 mm in the XY plane and 13 mm in the Z-direction. Despite of its small size, the hexapod can reliably position loads of up to 5 kg at velocities up to 10 mm/s. PI offers Hexapods with load ranges from 2 kg to >1000 kg.
As with other parallel-kinematics positioners from PI, the six high-resolution actuators are connected directly to a single moving platform. The user can define the center of rotation (pivot point) independent of platform motion with a simple software command. In contrast to conventional, stacked, multi-axis systems, there is no accumulation of guiding and lever-arm errors.
M-810 Miniature Hexapod Features
- High-Force 6-Axis Hexapod with 5 kg Load Capacity
- Very Compact: 10 cm Diameter, 11.8 cm Height
- Sub-Micron Resolution
- Long Travel Ranges to 40 mm (linear) and 60° (rotation)
- Powerful Controller with Freely Definable Virtual Pivot Point
- High Velocity of 10 mm/s
- Operation in Any Orientation
- Linear and Rotary Multi-Axis Scans
The new M-810 miniature Hexapod combines all the advantages of PI’s other parallel-kinematic systems in the smallest of packages.
Parallel Kinematics Advantages
- Only one Moving Platform, No Accumulation of Guiding and Lever-Arm Errors
- No Moving Cables for Improved Reliability and Precision
- Smaller Package Size
- Increased Stiffness, Reduced Inertia, Better Dynamics
- Virtual Pivot Point
More Information: PI M-810 Miniature Hexapod (pdf)