Microchip Technology Inc. recently announced the MPLAB Starter Kit for Serial Memory Products. The high-speed, easy-to-use kit supports all of Microchip’s serial EEPROM devices, including the new UNI/O(tm) family. The single-board kit obtains power from the USB port on a PC or laptop and runs under the familiar MPLAB Integrated Development Environment (IDE), enabling faster debugging and system integration, with shorter time to market. The MPLAB Starter Kit for Serial Memory Products is priced at $79.98.
MPLAB Starter Kit simplifies set up and establishes an almost instant learning curve for first-time use. The kit is the latest addition to Microchip’s broad line of user-friendly development tools.
Whereas other serial EEPROM tools are simply programmers, the MPLAB Starter Kit for Serial Memory Products displays the entire memory contents on screen for quick verification and editing. It also logs endurance cycles and stores memory contents in files for archiving and analysis. In addition, because the kit derives power over USB, its operation is fast. No additional power-supply connections are needed, which enhances the kit’s portability and enables the highest performance at a record low cost.
- 3.3V and 5.0V on-board voltage selection
- Supports Microchip UNI/O bus, I2C, SPI, and Microwire Serial EEPROMs
- 1.8V to 5.5V external voltage support
- Includes free copy of MPLAB IDE
- USB interconnect
- Windows 2000, XP, and Vista (32-bit)
- MPLAB Starter Kit for Serial Memory Products board
- CD containing the following:
- MPLAB IDE
- Integrated Serial EEPROM interface tool
- Total Endurance software model
- User’s Guide
- USB cable
- Serial EEPROM sample pack
More info: MPLAB Starter Kit for Serial Memory Products