Portwell Inc. recently announced the PEB-2736 and the UMPC-2710 industrial PC boards. Both boards are based on the Intel Atom processor Z500 series and the Intel System Controller Hub US15W. The new micro-architecture of the Intel platform benefits a range of low-power systems and handheld mobile devices in applications such as Portable POS, Medical Healthcare, Mobile Kiosk, Entry-Gaming, Digital Signage and In-Vehicle Infotainment.
- Latest Intel Atom 45nm Ultra Low Power SFF processor and Chipset (TDP..5W)
- One 200-pin SO-DIMM supports DDR2 SDRAM up to 1GB
- One Type II Compact Flash and one IDE connector
- Dual independent display: SDVO and 24bit LVDS
- SDVO Connector support VGA/DVI/LVDS daughter card
- Multi-stream audio and CH5.1 supported
- TPM (Trusted Platform Module) and UDM (USB-Disk Module) could be added on board
The PEB-2736, which utilizes the Intel ECX form factor, is specifically designed to operate at a very low power consumption of less than 10 watts at full loading. It supports dual display by LVDS and SDVO connector. The modular SDVO and SDIO board architecture can be easily customized to meet the customer’s time to market and proprietary requirements. The PEB-2736 supports one SO-DIMM memory slot for DDR2 SDRAM up to 1GB, and comes with one IDE, one CompactFlash® socket, two RS232, high definition audio CH5.1, six USB2.0 and three SDIO ports. Wireless application can be accomplished via mini-card socket on optional daughter card.
The UMPC-2710 supports multiple I/O interfaces such as SD/SDIO/MMC/USB. With its peripheral-enriched interface, UMPC-2710 can be built with various sensors and modules, and is ideal for industrial applications. The UMPC-2710 also supports dual display by LVDS internal panel and VGA-Out, and a SO-DIMM memory slot for DDR2 SDRAM up to 1GB. In addition, UMPC-2710 comes with built-in Bluetooth 2.0 and WLAN 802.11n.
More info: Portwell PEB-2736 Board (pdf)