ACCES I/O Products recently introduced the USB-AI Series of low cost USB analog input modules. The USB-AI high-speed USB 2.0, 16-bit multifunction analog input board is ideal for precision measurement, analysis, monitoring, and control in countless embedded applications. Standard features in the USB-AI Series include 16 digital I/O lines and a 16-bit counter/timer-all packaged in a small, rugged, industrial enclosure. With an excellent price/performance value, this family of boards also includes models with slower A/D speeds and a group of 12-bit modules for less demanding applications. The OEM USB/104 version provides just the board without the enclosure and is ideal for a variety of embedded OEM applications-simply connect to any available USB port. Prices range from $339 to $639.
The USB-AI Series includes five models (USB-AI16-16A, USB-AI16-16E, USB-AI12-16A, USB-AI12-16, and USB-AI12-16E). The boards feature eight standard analog voltage input ranges, two factory current input ranges (4-20mA or 10-50mA) and includes a data sample buffer and hardware real-time calibration capability. A unique channel-by-channel programmable gain feature enables measurement of an assortment of large and small signals in one scan-all under software control at up to 500kHz. The board’s data buffer and ability to trigger the A/D in real time assures synchronized sampling that is unaffected by other computer operations-an essential requirement for signal, vibration and transient analysis where high data rates must be sustained for short periods of time. For embedded OEM type applications, an additional miniature USB input header is provided in parallel with the type B connector. Available accessories include a wide variety of cables and screw terminal boards for quick and easy connectivity.
The USB-AI Series was designed to be used in rugged industrial environments but is small enough to fit nicely onto any desk or testing station. The board measures just 3.550 by 3.775 inches and ships inside a steel powder-coated enclosure with an anti-skid bottom. A DIN rail mounting provision is available for installation in industrial environments. What makes the OEM option unique is that its PCB size and pre-drilled mounting holes match the PC/104 form factor (without the bus connections). This ensures easy installation using standard standoffs inside most enclosures or systems. The USB-AI Series can be integrated into any PCI-104 or PC/104 stack by connecting it to a USB 2.0 port usually included on-board with embedded CPU form factors such as EBX, EPIC, and PC/104-especially important since many newer CPU chipsets do not support ISA and have plenty of USB ports.
The USB-AI16-16A is supported for use in most operating systems and includes a free Linux (including Mac OS X) and Windows 95/98/Me/NT/2000/XP/2003-compatible software package. This package contains sample programs and source code in Visual Basic, Delphi, C++ Builder and Visual C++ for Windows. Also incorporated is a graphical setup program in Windows. Third-party support includes a Windows standard DLL interface usable from most popular application programs, and includes example LabVIEW VIs. Embedded OS support includes Windows XPe.
- High-speed USB 2.0 device with up to 500kHz sampling rate
- All functions fully software configurable
- 16-bit and 12-bit models with 16 single-ended or 8 differential inputs
- Eight input ranges, unipolar or bipolar
- Autocalibration and real-time hardware calibration and oversampling for accurate data
- Unique channel-by-channel programmable gain feature
- Data buffer for A/D
- Synchronous, asynchronous, and timed trigger modes
- 16 high-current digital I/O lines
- 16-bit counter/timer for event counting or frequency generation
- USB/104 form-factor for OEM embedded applications
- Small, (4″ x 4″ x 1.25″) rugged industrial enclosure
- OEM (board only) option features PC/104 module size and mounting compatibility
- Extended temperature and DIN rail mounting provisions
- All required power drawn from USB port, no external power adapter required
More info: ACCES I/O Products