The NetX Duo(tm), from Express Logic, is a dual IPv4/IPv6 TCP/IP stack. NetX Duo is built on Express Logic’s NetX TCP/IP stack, an IPv4-only solution. Because NetX Duo is an IPv4 and IPv6 dual TCP/IP stack, it can handle both IPv4 and IPv6 protocols as well as being highly optimized for performance-critical embedded devices. Its modular architecture allows designers to customize various components based on their system requirements. NetX Duo APIs are fully backward compatible with the IPv4 services in NetX. Therefore existing NetX applications can be migrated to NetX Duo with minimal porting effort. NetX Duo is available immediately from Express Logic, with license prices starting at $18,750 with no run-time royalties.
Thanks to implementing the IPv6 protocol, NetX Duo also enjoys several new capabilities. For the first time, nodes can configure their interface addresses automatically through the Stateless Address Autoconfiguration protocol. As well, nodes can use layered structures to enable devices to more efficiently process IPv6 headers.
NetX Duo has been tested for RFC compliance using the TAHI test suite (phase 2). This ensures that NetX Duo conforms to RFC standards and offers complete interoperability with devices from other vendors.
NetX Duo Protocols and RFC
- All IPv4 features available in NetX 5.x
- IPv6 header and extension header processing
- Neighbor Discovery Protocol
- Router Discovery Protocol
- Stateless Address Autoconfiguration
- Duplicate Address Detection
- RFC2460: Internet Protocol, Version 6 (IPv6) Specification
- RFC2461: Neighbor Discovery for IP Version 6
- RFC2462: IPv6 Stateless Address Autoconfiguration
- RFC2464: Transmission of IPv6 Packets over Ethernet Networks
- RFC4291: Internet Protocol Version 6 (IPv6) Addressing Architecture
- RFC4443: Internet Control Message Protocol (ICMPv6) for the Internet Protocol Version 6 (IPv6) Specification
More info: Express Logic