The Agilent 86108A is a precision waveform analyzer designed specifically for engineers involved in design verification and validation of high-speed electrical communications systems and components. With residual jitter well below 100 femtoseconds and channel bandwidths to 35 GHz, users can be confident that they are seeing the true performance of their signals. The Agilent 86108A precision waveform analyzer is available now, with prices starting at $85,000.
Measurement setup is made easy with integrated instrumentation-grade hardware clock recovery. This allows the Agilent 86108A to trigger directly from a single-ended or differential data signal, eliminating the need for a separate trigger input. The integrated triggering system functions even in the presence of spread-spectrum clocking, allowing accurate signal analysis on components and systems used for serial busses such as PCI Express® and SATA. The on-board phase detector enables a simple and accurate technique to determine PLL bandwidth on devices with either clock or data inputs and outputs.
Agilent 86108A Benefits
- Lowest intrinsic jitter, which provides the most accurate measurement waveforms
- Internal high-gain clock recovery, allowing for easy measurement setup and accurate analysis of signals with spread-spectrum clocking
- New triggering architecture, allowing simple connection schemes and eliminating the sampling delay that has historically corrupted jitter measurements made with a sampling scope
- An internal phase detector that enables accurate measurements of PLL bandwidth, jitter transfer and jitter/phase noise spectrum
- High bandwidth, low noise, ultra-low residual jitter
- Simple one connection “triggerless” operation
- PLL characterization including loop BW/jitter transfer
- Integrated HW clock recovery with adjustable loop BW/Peaking-exceeds industry standards for SSC tracking
- Easy setup for serial bus differential signaling (PCI-EXPRESS®, SATA etc.)
More info: Agilent 86108A Precision Waveform Analyzer