The Universal PSoC® CapSense(tm) Controller Kit, from Cypress Semiconductor Corp. (NYSE: CY), is a new kit designed for easy development and debugging of any CapSense design. It includes pre-defined control circuitry and plug-in hardware, along with controller boards for both the CY8C20x34 and CY8C21x34 PSoC devices. It also offers a breadboard module and a module for implementing up to five buttons and a slider with sample overlays to encompass a wide variety of designs. The modular approach of the Universal CapSense Controller Kit provides embedded designers with a tool for testing various industrial design concepts. The kit is available today for US$158.
The kit works with both PSoC Designer(tm) and PSoC Express(tm), and allows for monitoring and tuning of CapSense designs via an I2C-to-USB bridge that is included in the kit. Cypress is unique in offering real-time monitoring and tuning, which can significantly reduce development cycles. The kit supports both the CapSense Successive Approximation (CSA) and Sigma-Delta (CSD) capacitive sensing methods. CSA offers outstanding interference immunity and low power consumption, making it ideal for portable consumer applications. CSD delivers flawless operation in wet conditions, and offers superb temperature response, ideal for white goods and other moisture-sensitive systems.
CY3280-BK1 Kit Contents
- CY3280-20×34 and CY3280-21×34 Universal CapSense Controller Boards
- CY3280-BBM Universal CapSense Prototyping Module
- CY3280-SLM Universal CapSense Linear Slider Module
- CY3240-I2USB Board
- CY3210 MiniProg1 Programmer
- PSoC Express Installation CD
- PSoC Designer and PSoC Programmer Installation CD
- CY3280-BK1 Universal CapSense Controller Kit CD
- 1.5 mm and 3 mm Polycarbonate Overlays
More info: Cypress