MAX-3D, from Micro Magic, is a true 3D-aware layout editor. MAX-3D can combine distinct process wafers, and allows the designer to view, edit, and connect the independent wafers into one 3D stack chip. The design technique — known as “Through-Si Via Wafer Stacking” — is a new dimension for chip designs. It allows distinct wafers to be stacked on each other, and connected internally. This results in chips with denser designs and higher performance.
MAX-3D is the only commercial layout editor capable of Through-Si Via 3D design. It includes connectivity tracing, DRC checking and many other features found in Micro Magic’s production-proven MAX layout editor. MAX-3D is fully programmable and customizable, and integrates well with other EDA tools.
Through-Si Via 3D wafer stack designs are an extreme challenge for design tools. Current large 2D designs can crash many of today’s layout editors. A 3D chip which connects several levels of 2D layouts multiplies the complexity of the design. MAX-3D has demonstrated its capacity by displaying and editing a design of 1.2 Trillion devices — in real time.
- Fast and powerful layout editor
- Fully heirarchial viewing and editing
- Interactive connectivity tracing through all layers and levels (wafers)
- Continuous DRC with real-time feedback
- Direct interface to Calibre and Calibre RVE for faster DRC
- Interactive connectivity always available
- Hierarchical and incremental parasitic extraction
- Interactive wiring tool with flylines to show connections not yet completed
- Full customization and extensions via Tcl/Tk and a full API
- Usable out of the box, or customize as you wish
- Write interfaces to all the other tools in your design flow
- Optimized for large databases
- Generators for automated layout structures, ranging from simple transistors and gates to large structures such as complete SRAMs
MAX-3D is available for a 30 day trial.
Micro Magic MAX-3D