TeamF1 AuthAgent Kerberos 2.1 is the latest update to the company’s standards-based implementation of the Kerberos(TM) V Protocol for authentication of network clients and services in embedded devices. AuthAgent Kerberos is a solution for avoiding the dangers of transmitting plain-text authentication information by providing secure authentication in networked environments. AuthAgent Kerberos can be used as a standalone authentication agent and is also pre-integrated with TeamF1′s network security protocol implementations including SSH and IPsec/IKE.
AuthAgent Kerberos is used in the authentication of embedded devices such as workgroup routers and printers, networking and storage equipment, and remotely managed industrial control applications that require secure authentication, single sign-on capabilities and compatibility with enterprise Windows(R) and UNIX(R) authentication servers. With the enhanced features added in the new release, AuthAgent Kerberos can now also be used with smart-card authentication and on a variety of embedded operating systems.
New features and enhancements in Kerberos 2.1 include:
- Out-of-the-box support for additional embedded operating systems including VxWorks(R), Linux(R), LynxOS(R) and ThreadX.
- Support for the latest Kerberos V and GSS-API standards including RFC 4120 and 4121.
- Support for the latest Public Key Cryptography for Initial Authentication in Kerberos (PKINIT) RFC 4456 when combined with TeamF1′s AuthAgent X.509 product for digital certificate management.
- Proven interoperability with Heimdal and Windows(R) Active Directory implementations of PKINIT.
- Support for PKCS#11 smartcards in PKINIT, such as Department of Defense (DoD) Common Access Cards (CAC), and a soft PKCS#11 library for development.
AuthAgent Kerberos 2.1 is available as a source license under royalty-free terms directly from TeamF1 with immediate availability on VxWorks(R), Linux(R), LynxOS(R) and ThreadX platforms.
More info: TeamF1 »