Tokyo Electron Device (TED) has developed a multi-application evaluation platform for the Xilinx(R) Virtex-5 LX 330 FPGA family. TED’s Virtex-5 LX Multi-Application Evaluation Platform enables efficient design and evaluation of a wide range of high-speed applications, including consumer products such as high definition televisions, set-top boxes and printers, as well as telecommunications equipment, medical devices and miscellaneous industrial equipment.
Built with TED’s inrevium(TM) TE7725PF, a low-cost FPGA configuration control LSI, the Virtex-5 LX Multi-Application Evaluation Platform meets the rapidly growing market demand for a development environment that enables design engineers to rapidly evaluate high-speed interface technologies such as DDR2-SDRAM and LVDS.
The Virtex-5 LX Multi-Application Evaluation Platform also features:
- Xilinx XC5VLX110 or 220 or 330-1FF1760 65nm FPGAs
- On-board DDR2-SDRAM chips (667Mbps) and DDR2 SO-DIMM slot to evaluate high-speed memory access
- Reference design of high-speed DDR2-SDRAM memory interface
- 10/100 Ethernet, RS232C and LVDS interface ports
- Expansion I/O ports for optional interface boards including DVI Tx/Rx, Camera Link, Optical Link and USB
- High Efficiency DC/DC uModule from Linear Technology (LTM4600)
The TE7725PF is a second generation FPGA configuration controller from TED. The TE7725PF enables the configuration of the Xilinx FPGA with a NOR flash memory (up to 256Mbit) on the board instead of using configuration PROMs. By sharing a flash memory chip on the board both for CPU boot memory and FPGA configuration data, the TE7725PF helps to significantly reduce board size and total costs.
All Virtex-5 LX110/220/330 platforms are available now, with prices starting at US$4,980.
More info: Tokyo Electron Device »