Texas Instruments (NYSE: TXN) TMS320DM6437 Digital Video Development Platform (DVDP) is designed for its DM643x digital media processors. The DM6437 DVDP brings the complete DaVinci(TM) technology development environment to these processors by bundling a full TMS320DM6437 evaluation module (EVM) with a complete suite of DaVinci development tools and software for less than $500.
Combined with the new DM643x processors â€“ as low as $9.95 in volume â€“ the new DM6437 DVDP provides developers with a comprehensive platform they can use throughout the entire design process to accelerate the development of digital video across a wide range of applications, including in-flight entertainment systems, IP net cameras, video phones and vision systems.
The DM643x digital media processors are the first DSP-only devices supporting DaVinci technology and are powerful enough to perform H.264 video encode at D1 resolution or to run the complete video, audio, networking for a target application like an IP-based Network Surveillance camera, all at a 50 percent cost reduction over TI’s previous DSP digital media processors. The DM6437 DVDP gives developers complete access to the DaVinci software and development infrastructure, easing design of video, imaging, speech and audio applications through simple application programming interfaces (APIs) calls through the DaVinci Codec Engine, which eliminates the need for developers to directly manage codecs.
The DM6437 DVDP provides a comprehensive suite of development tools and application software available for digital video applications and reduces application development time from months to weeks. The DM6437 DVDP includes:
- DM6437 Evaluation Module (EVM) with onboard emulator
- Operating system kernels, including TI’s real-time DSP/BIOS(TM) kernel and VirtualLogix’s Linux
- Digital Video Software Development Kit (DVSDK), including Codec Engine for the DSP/BIOS(TM) kernel, video codecs, audio codecs and device drivers based on the DSP/BIOS(TM) kernel
- VirtualLogix(TM) VLX for Digital Multimedia for immediate out-of-the-box evaluation
- PCI Host Driver enabling the use of a PC as host for simplifying product development
- DM6437 SoC Analyzer, based on the eXpressDSP(TM) Data Visualization Technology
- Network Developers’ Kit (NDK evaluation version) with real-time TCP/IP stack for developing network-based applications
- Board-specific version of Code Composer Studio(TM) Integrated Development Environment
- PC-based, high-level, how-to demonstration of DaVinci technology
- Sample A/V files for immediate out-of-the-box evaluation
The complete DM6437 DVDP provides the core DaVinci digital video capabilities and development tools, including the DM6437 EVM and DVSDK, in one complete, low-cost platform. The DM6437 EVM offers multiple expansion slots for extending connectivity to virtually any hardware prototype or peripheral. The PCI Host Driver expands configuration options for developers by enabling them to plug the DM6437 EVM directly into a PC to use the PC as a host during initial development before prototype hardware is designed and available. The DM6437 EVM can also be used in a standalone fashion, connected to a PC using onboard emulation, or through a standard JTAG connector.
More info TI’s DaVinci technology