The Technobox 4821 passive XMC-to-PCI Express adapter allows a single XMC to be inserted into an 8x PCIe slot. All the lanes are fixed at 2.5 Gbps per lane in each direction. This adapter has been designed to minimize signal lengths on the 2.5GHz LVDS PCI Express bus. Four impedance-controlled signal layers and four power planes (2xGND, 3.3V, and V12) are employed to minimize transmission line effects. Two 64-pin headers are provided to permit access of various XMC signals from the P15 and P16 connectors.
Pin assignments conform to VITA 42.0-2005 and VITA 42.10-200x. I2C and JTAG are accessible through a 16-pin header with jumpers. On-board LEDs provide indication of key XMC signals and power status.
Features of the passive XMC-to-PCI Express adapter:
- Passively adapts an XMC Card to PCIe
- Supports 8 lanes (2.5 Gbps per lane, bi-directional)
- Provides access to P16 signals, I2C, and JTAG via headers
- LEDs convey status of key PCIe signals and voltages
- Optional fan assembly available to augment cooling
- RoHS 6/6 compliant
The 4821 lists for $349.00 and is available for immediate shipment. Quantity discounts are available.