FlashRunner, from SofTec Microsystems, is a high-performance, standalone in-system programmer for Flash-based microcontrollers and serial memories. FlashRunner is targeted at production environments and can piggyback another programming system or Automatic Test Equipment (ATE) via header connectors. The programmer can work either in full standalone mode or controlled by a host system.
FlashRunner features state-of-the-art electronics to provide you with high integration flexibility in a compact footprint. The following are FlashRunner’s main features:
- Fastest programming algorithms (as fast as target device’s memory technology limit), approved by silicon manufacturers
- Easy ATE integration
- Standalone operations (projects and code images stored on a memory card)
- Also controllable by any host system via RS-232
- Supports most ISP protocols (BDM, JTAG, SPI, I2C, MON, ICC, SCI, etc.)
- Flexible, fully configurable
- Compact and robust design for production environments (optoisolated control signals)
- Data integrity guaranteed (every data transfer to/from the host system or Secure Digital card is CRC tagged)
FlashRunner has been designed for maximum performance and reliability. Moreover, FlashRunner’s open architecture makes its firmware easily upgradable to support both new devices and new features.