Recently, we added the following white papers to Embedded Star:
- UML for Objective-C
This paper shows how to model Objective-C software using UML.
- Architecture Component Development – MDA based Model Transformation
Although the brand name MDA is relatively new, the engineering problems that are being addressed have been known for a long time and various approaches have been taken to solve them. We can draw from those experiences to evaluate how to make the best use of MDA.
- Customizing UML for the development of distributed reactive systems and code generation to Ada 95
In this paper a UML profile for the design and implementation of distributed, reactive systems and an associated mapping to Ada 95 source code are introduced.
- Object-Oriented Modeling of Embedded-Software in the Automotive Environment
The modeling concept for control-systems software described in this article uses object-oriented techniques while avoiding additional run-time- and memory requirements.
- Generating Enterprise JavaBeansTM with StP/UML 8.x
This document describes the process of modeling Enterprise JavaBeans with StP/UML. Enterprise JavaBeans is a new architectural framework for building distributed applications, much in the fashion of OMG’s CORBA architecture.
- Jump starting ACD code generators
This paper is intended to give a short impression how easy and quick it is to write a new code generator, when you use the ACD technology.
- What’s New in UML. 2.0?
This white paper presents a summary of the UML Superstructure Specification (ptc/03-08-02) adopted by the OMG.
- Keeping Your Business Relevant with Model Driven Architecture (MDA)
In this paper, we explore the promise of MDA, the challenges of adopting an MDA approach, and The Borland Advantage—how Borland can help you today.
- Effective Sequence Diagram Generation
A sequence diagram is a UML-standard representation of objects interacting with each other. Often, it is used to represent the behavior of a method, but it can also be used for more high-level descriptions of object interaction.
- Software Modeling Introduction: What do you need from a modeling tool?
This white paper gives an overview of the justification for modeling, as well as a rationale for the use of a modeling tool. It also describes the minimum feature set that any modeling tool should have.
- Software Remodeling: Improving Design and Implementation Quality
This paper presents information on how the quality assurance audits and metrics available in the Borland Together ControlCenter can streamline the code review process while increasing the design and implementation quality of your software.