SavaJe OS, a Java-based, standards-compliant platform, allows cost-effective, rapid deployment of highly-customized handsets that conform to the mobile operators’ requirements across a range of devices efficiently and flexibly. It also provides significant scope for additional customization and differentiation.
SavaJe OS stands apart from its competitors in providing handset manufacturers with:
- A feature-rich and customizable user experience with a comprehensive complement of handset applications that is modifiable, replaceable and brandable to meet the requirements of different operators.
- A completely secure environment for executing resident, distributed and downloaded applications.
- A universal, open and standards-based platform for advanced mobile phones.
- A high performance, optimal execution platform for applications.
SavaJe’s complete suite of resident applications for advanced mobile phones spans the entire spectrum of handset functionality, including:
- A phone application for voice call management
- A universal messaging application with a simple and intuitive user interface for MMS, SMS, and email messages
- A universal browser for transparent access to WAP, HTML and XHTML sites
- A multimedia application for still and video capture and playback, including camera control (where available) and multiple media players
- A personal information management (PIM) application for contacts, calendar, tasks, notes and alarms management and synchronization to a local PC or over-the-air
SavaJe OS is available pre-ported to a number of common wireless chipsets, to reduce time-to-market for manufacturers. The first reference implementations are available on TI OMAP and Intel processor families, but any ARM9-based CPU can also be supported.