IBM Rational Rose Data Modeler supports the ER (Entity-Relationship) methodology, using UML notation to bring database designers together with the software development team.
- Accelerates your database design by providing:
- A sophisticated modeling environment.
- Flexible transformation between the logical and physical models, and advanced visual modeling capabilities for databases
- Allows database designers to see how the application plans to access the database, so problems are escalated before deployment.
- Connects database designers using ER Modeling with the rest of the team developing OO applications through one common tool and one common notation, the Unified Modeling Language.